Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with liners (a great job for little ones)
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and zucchini.
2. In a different bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full, then sprinkle with 3-4 chocolate chips/muffin.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack. Cool completely if freezing.