Friday, April 11, 2014

Flashback Friday!


I wanted to write something is a little bit more personal in this post... as I was looking back at my first blog posts I realized how much I have changed.  I can say that I am truly happy at the change that has happened.
Let's rewind back a year or so I had just had my second baby (mind you I have 2 and they are a year and a week apart) I was back at work, I was stressed because basically raising what felt like twins.  I can admit now that I felt like I was suffering from postpartum depression and I say this because I did not feel good about myself, I was always tired (and for good reason), I did not take care of myself, and I often felt sadness and loneliness even though I was surrounded by friends and family.  There was/is still a part of me that misses my mother terribly and this was just enhanced when I had my kids, the fact that I did not have her around to share this joy and to be with me just made me extremely sad.  I was often wearing maternity clothing well past the time you should be wearing them, I did not wear makeup, I did not do my hair... I basically felt and look like crap.  So I began reading fashion blogs, it was something that I could do for myself even if it was just 10 minutes.  I have always loved fashion, I was the type of kid that played with her mother's shoes and purses it was just something that I liked.  the more I read the more I knew that I needed to do something about how I was feeling.  One day at work I was dressed poorly and I went to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands I looked in the mirror and looked at myself and it was like what are you doing... you need to get yourself together! from that moment on I started changing the way I dressed, I out more effort into the way I looked and boy did it make a difference I started feeling good again, that was followed by joining the gym and that is how the process of change started.   

I have noticed that my style has changed too I want to share some of my first outfits where I was still trying to figure out my own personal style, which I think is a process that everyone goes through in life especially when I also had a new role of being a mom so I needed to figure out a way to dress appropriately but at the same time be chic. 

 so this is not completely awful but its definitely not very flattering. 

What was I thinking wearing those sunnies? the rest of the outfit is not bad but those sunglasses I think made the entire outfit look like way too much is going on.

If you follow me now you can see how my style has changed and what a difference a year can make, I continue to learn each day.  I have learned that in order to take good care of others we must first take care of ourselves and as moms we sometimes tend to put ourselves last when in reality we should put ourselves first because how can we take care of someone else if we cannot take care of ourselves. 

  

Sorry for the long post I just felt the maybe this can help someone out there that may be going through a similar situation that I went through and if my little blog can lift anyone's spirit than I feel like I have done my job!

Have a great weekend.  

post signature

2 comments:

  1. you look so so amazing! Congrats on how far you've come! I tend to have a lookback from time to time as well; it's crazy how much we change!

    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like your post and can relate with some. I like your perspective and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Share you thoughts, I would love to read them!